IT Helpdesk Internship
BrightWire Networks is an established, financially strong, fast growing IT Services firm based in Olympia, WA, with clients throughout the greater Olympia and Tacoma area. We work with clients in healthcare, professional services, manufacturing and non-profit sectors. BrightWire's mission and purpose is to make businesses more productive with relevant technologies.
Our IT Services include systems monitoring, preventative maintenance, help-desk and onsite support, as well as technology related project management services. We set up, maintain and manage networks for businesses with between 10 and 300 PCs, and with 1 to 200 servers in single and multi-site locations.
The ideal candidate for this has an unrelenting passion for excellence and improvement both personally and professionally. You enjoy working with people and have a friendly and engaging personality. You just also happen to be a highly skilled technologist. You always bring your A-game and have a low tolerance for slackers. When someone tells you that you can't do something, your goal is to find a way to make it happen. And despite this competitive nature, you are pleasant to work with and willing to help others succeed.
- • Image desktop and laptop PCs
- • Install software and updates
- • Basic configuration of servers before handing off to senior techs for completion
- • Create and maintain accurate documentation - Including fixing incorrect documentation
- • Troubleshoot issues that arise with imaging PCs, installing programs and other issues that arise
- • Assist senior technicians with projects
- • Must be in an accredited program of study related to Information Technology
- • Excellent PC and Windows troubleshooting skills
- • Strong skills and understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- • Strong understanding of network topology and of network configuration at the desktop level
- • Solid PC hardware, software and Windows operating system knowledge
- • Excellent listening and communication skills
- • Excellent web research skills
- • Certifications such as CCNA, A+, MCTS are encouraged but not required
Hours: Can be flexible around classes and are conducted primarily Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm.
Location: Our office is located on the westside of Olympia.
Compensation: This is a paid internship. Rate will commensurate with your relevant experience and demonstrated skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS, OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERNSHIP.
- Please click on the Apply for the Job button and include your cover letter and current resume in Microsoft Word format.
- In your cover letter, please include when you are looking to start the internship, your current program of study, and a brief response to the following two questions.
- Briefly describe your career goals and how this internship fits into them.
- Briefly describe your troubleshooting procedure.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. No phone calls, No visits please.